Delta 8 THC is likely not legal according to Rhode Island state law. Rhode Island legalized all derivates, cannabinoids, and isomers of hemp. However, Rhode Island has another law that defines Delta 8 THC under Rhode Island’s definition of “THC” and makes it illegal for human consumption. It does not appear hemp-derived Delta 8 THC would be exempt from this law, and would need further clarification from state lawmakers in order to confidently sell Delta 8 THC in Rhode Island.
(2) “Cannabis” means all parts of the plant of the genus marijuana, also known as marijuana sativa L, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or resin regardless of cannabinoid content or cannabinoid potency including “marijuana” and “industrial hemp” or “industrial hemp products” which satisfy the requirements of this chapter.
(3) “Cannabidiol” or “CBD” means cannabidiol (CBD) derived from a hemp plant as defined in §2-26-3(8), not including products derived from exempt cannabis plant material as defined in 21 C.F.R. §1308.35.
(8) “Hemp” or “industrial hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight or per volume basis regardless of moisture content, and which satisfies the requirements of this chapter.
(9) “Hemp-derived consumable CBD product” means any product meant for ingestion, including but not limited to concentrates, extracts, and cannabis-infused foods and products, which contains cannabidiol derived from a hemp plant as defined in § 2-26-3(8), which shall only be sold to persons age twenty-one (21) or older, and which shall not include products derived from exempt cannabis plant material as defined in 21 C.F.R. §1308.35.
(10) “Hemp products” or “industrial hemp products” means all products made from the plants, including, but not limited to, concentrated oil, cloth, cordage, fiber, food, fuel, hemp-derived consumable CBD products, paint, paper, construction materials, plastics, seed, seed meal, seed oil, and seed certified for cultivation., which satisfy the requirements of this chapter.
(13) “THC” means tetrahydrocannabinol, the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis.
(30) “Marijuana” means all parts of the plant cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds of the plant; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin, but shall not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of mature stalks, (except the resin extracted from it), fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed from the plant which is incapable of germination. Marijuana shall not include “industrial hemp” or” industrial hemp products” which satisfy the requirements of chapter 2-26 of the general laws and the regulations promulgated thereunder.
Legal document found HERE
Currently we are not able to ship, or sell, any Delta 8 products on this website due to new law and regulation.
Please note that at this time we cannot deliver to Military Bases or PO Boxes. If you place an order to one of these locations you will receive a notification that your order has been refunded for the full amount of the purchase. We are sorry for any inconvenience; we will keep you informed of any changes to this policy.
© 2016-2020 GOOD CBD | Website Designed and Maintained by Good CBD Web Development Team.